Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Perfect Pet

While on vacation a random dog seemed to adopt us.  He would wait for us each day on the trail to the beach and follow us to the water.  I began to look forward to his wagging tail and floppy tongue greeting.  On the way back to our apartment, Phin would always explain how we had enjoyed the company, but we were not open to pet adoption.  I think the perseverance of this dog was beginning to soften Phin's firm stance, and by the end of the trip it was agreed that our new family may one day include pets.  Phin amended this to state we would only be taking applications from fish.  Upon hearing the news, the dog jumped in the ocean and splashed about.  Sadly, Phin was not convinced gills had been grown and we had to wave goodbye to the dog.  

I approved of the "fish only" policy until I saw this guy.  Now I want to smuggle him into our bathtub (which is still awaiting our first pet) and name him "Nemo"!    




No comments:

Post a Comment